The Celebrate Markham Grant Program
Celebrating the Diversity and Culture of Our City
The Celebrate Markham Grant Program was recently redesigned to better support community events and programs; encourage community inclusivity; and enhance Markham’s reputation as a destination City for visitors and tourists. It is now an annual program with applications being accepted in September of each year.
Non-profit organizations will find all the information needed to apply for financial assistance for community projects held in Markham including:
- Cultural Events and Programs - $5,000
- Major Community Festivals - $10,000
- Sports Events - $10,000
- Seniors’ Clubs - $3,000
Project Application Timelines: 2017-2018 Funding Cycle
Applications will be accepted starting Friday, September 16, 2016 for projects delivered between April 1, 2017 and March 31, 2018. Applications closed Thursday, November 17, 2016 at 4 p.m.
Frequently Asked Questions
View our Frequently Asked Questions for more information about the Celebrate Markham Grant Program.
Before completing an application, please read the Celebrate Markham Grant Program Guidelines [PDF] carefully to determine your eligibility. New financial requirements as described in the guidelines now apply, depending upon the amount of the grant award.
Following completion of their project, all grant recipients must provide a Project Outcome Report, including financials, to be eligible for further grants. Project Outcome Report forms for each grant category are posted below:
If you are having problems viewing these files, this page might help.
Cultural Events and Programs
Major Community Festivals
- Project Outcome Report-Sports Events [MS Word]
- Project Outcome Report-Seniors' Clubs [MS Word]
As 2017 marks Canada’s 150 anniversary of Confederation, applications that help to promote the Canada 150 celebrations will be given priority in 2017.
- January - March 2016 - Celebrate Markham Grant Allocations and Totals [PDF]
- April 1, 2016 - March 31, 2017 - Celebrate Markham Grant Allocations and Totals [PDF]
- October 1, 2016 - March 31, 2017 Celebrate Markham Grant Allocations and Totals [PDF]
- April 1, 2017 - March 31, 2018 Celebrate Markham Grant Allocations and Totals [PDF]
For More Information
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.