The following local heritage festivals are held in Markham:
- Unionville Village Festival – An annual event held in June to celebrate the heritage of the Unionville community, with musical events, a dance and parade.
- Unionville Simcoe Day Festival – Celebrate the August holiday in Unionville.
- Unionville Heritage and Big Band Festival - Celebrate the fall season and enjoy a day filled with the sounds of Big Bands. Entertainment and historical displays fill the street (September).
- Thornhill Festival - An annual event held in September to celebrate the heritage of Thornhill Village (Markham and Vaughan) with a parade, 200 vendors, art shows, a variety of food, beer garden, great music, rides and events for kids and teens, battle re-enactments
- Many festivals are held on Main Street Markham throughout the year, including the Farmer’s Market, which involve closing the street and celebrating the heritage village character.