Get to Know H2O
World Water Day is March 22 and falls within Canada Water Week! This is a time to celebrate water, focus on the importance it has in our everyday lives, and advocate for sustainable water use and management.
Water is one of our most precious resources and in Markham we are fortunate to have access to clean, safe drinking water at the turn of a tap. Clean water is essential to all aspects of our lives and it is important that we all take part in protecting our fresh water sources. To ensure clean, reliable water for tomorrow, we need to start protecting it today.
Celebrate water with Markham and Get to Know Your H2O by booking a FREE and interactive presentation by one of our water professionals!
- Hands-on and interactive activities
- Subjects include: drinking water treatment and distribution, water quality and health, wastewater collection and treatment, water efficiency and source water protection.
Who can book presentations?
- Teachers or principals from schools within the City of Markham
- Group leaders of Markham area community groups (guides, scouts, seniors groups, associations, clubs, etc.)
Booking a presentation:
- Call or email Holly Newton at 905-477-7000 ext. 2594 or HNewton@markham.ca
- All presentations are custom designed to meet expected learning outcomes