Stay up-to-date with what's happening in Markham. Engage with us on our social media accounts for information about City events, programs and services.
Official City of Markham Social Media Accounts
Social Media Comments Terms and Conditions
The purpose of Markham's social networks is to connect with our residents, businesses and visitors. It is not a political forum.
Corporate Communications staff regularly monitor Markham's social media accounts. Comments will be addressed during municipal business hours (Monday to Friday, 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM, excluding holidays) in as timely a fashion as possible. For inquiries contact the Director of Corporate Communications, Dennis Flaherty at 905-415-7520 or e-mail email@example.com.
Please review our Comments Policy before posting your feedback.
Comments determined to be partisan, disparaging, profane, off-topic or inappropriate may be removed, including but not limited to:
- Disparaging messages for or against a particular City of Markham employee or current office holder.
- Spam, advertising or comments which are inaccurate, misleading, threatening, offensive, hateful and/or defamatory or otherwise objectionable. It is at the City of Markham’s sole discretion to determine which content is objectionable.
- Comments or opinions expressed on the City of Markham's social media platforms that come from members of the public and are those of their respective contributors only. The views expressed by outside contributors do not necessarily represent the views of the City of Markham or its employees.
General Terms and Conditions
- Social media channels listed on this page are administered by representatives of the City of Markham who reserve the right to review and moderate all posted content.
- We will make best efforts to respond to comments. This may include a posting that responds to a number of comments or questions on a similar subject. If the question is very specific, we may require additional time to investigate and respond. However, the City of Markham reserves the right to not respond to a comment.
- Any content submitted on social media channels is not confidential. As a result, you should never submit a comment or other content that contains confidential, proprietary or trade secret information, whether owned by you or someone else.
- If you want to refer to a third party work such as a newspaper article or other publication, we ask that you link to that material on that third party's website.
- The information on this site may not be used for any commercial purposes without the written consent of the City of Markham.