Secondary School Business Plan Competition, Markham 2013
In partnership with the City of Markham, MSBC invites all high school students in Markham to participate in the 11th annual Secondary School Business Plan Competition.
Download the detailed guidelines, including the judging criteria:
For more information, please contact Don De Los Santos, Manager, Markham Small Business Centre at (905) 477-7000 ext. 3663 or by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
The Program is open to students in Grades 9-12 at any high school in Markham.
Students may choose to submit a business plan as an individual or as a group of a maximum of three students. All plans must involve a business idea that is wholly original and based on the independent thinking of the applicant(s). The judges' decision is final.
All business plans are to be received on or before May 27, 2013.
Number of Awards:
There will be a total of four awards: The BDO Award of Excellence for First Place and Three Finalists.
- 1st Prize $600/group
- Finalists $300/group
Previous Winners and Finalists:
- Brother Andre Catholic High School
- Markham District High School
- Markville Secondary School
- Middlefield Collegiate Institute
- St. Augustine Catholic High School
- St. Robert Catholic High School
- Thornhill Secondary School
- Thornlea Secondary School
- Town Centre Montessori Private Schools
- Unionville High School