The Advisory Group will consist of representation from throughout Markham and include various City-wide interest groups, residents and businesses as well as representation from local area stakeholders.
A representative from the following groups will be invited to participate on the Advisory Group:
- Unionville Ratepayers Association (URA)
- Village of Unionville Property Owners Association (UVA)
- Unionville resident(s) at large
- Unionville Business Improvement Area (UBI)
- Markham residents at large including representation from Milliken, Markham Village and Thornhill
- Markham Board of Trade
- Major Local Business Representative(s)
- Markham Environmental Committee
- Region of York, Planning Department
- Academic Community
- Markham Accessibility Committee
- York Region School Board(s), York Region District School Board YRDSB) & York Region Catholic School Board YRCSB)
- Markham District Energy
- Developer's Group
- Chair of Rouge Alliance - ex-officio
- VIVA - ex-officio
Approximately 20 representatives sit on the Markham Centre Advisory Group. Members of council are notified of scheduled meetings and invited to attend Markham Centre Advisory meetings.
Stakeholders identified as ex-officio are full members and attend when their input is required or they are involved with the agenda. Ex-officio members will receive all regular correspondence from the Advisory.
Membership is confirmed annual by Council.