The City of Markham issues licences for the following vehicle-based businesses, pursuant to the Mobile Licensing By-law 2012-92 [PDF].
For more information about these licence categories or to receive information about applying for any of these licences contact the City of Markham Licensing Unit at 905-477-5530, by e-mail at email@example.com or by personal attendance at the City of Markham Licensing Unit, 101 Town Centre Boulevard, Main Floor, Markham ON, L3R 9W3 during business hours 8 AM to 5 PM, Monday to Friday.
The City of Markham issues licences for the following stationary (fixed location) businesses pursuant to By-law 2012-158 [PDF]
If you require more information to determine whether your business requires a licence from the City of Markham you may contact the City’s Licensing and Standards Unit at 905-477-5530, or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If your business requires a City of Markham licence, please complete the application form for the business and provide all the supporting documents listed on the application form. Please note that the application must include all the documents listed on the application form. Partial applications cannot be processed.
Documents required include:
- Proof of ability to work in Canada - Birth Certificate, Canadian Citizenship Card, Permanent Resident Card, Work Permit, Canadian Passport
- Up to date Articles of Incorporation (where applicable)
- Up to date Business Name Registration (where applicable)
- Valid HST number
- Certificate of Commercial General Liability Insurance
- York Region Health Food Inspection Certificate (where applicable)
- Tobacco Dealer Permit (where applicable)
- Certificate of Completion from City of Markham Building Department (where applicable)
Application form and supporting documents may be submitted to the City of Markham in the following ways:
- By personal attendance at the City of Markham Licensing Unit, 101 Town Centre Boulevard, Main Floor, Markham ON, L3R 9W3 during business hours 8 AM to 5 PM, Monday to Friday, or
- By regular mail or
- By fax to 905-305-5980 or
- By e-mail to email@example.com (please scan application form and scan and attach supporting documents)