During the planning stage of your project, you must determine what zoning requirements apply to your property. Use the Zoning Search to request zoning information for any property within Markham.
Zoning Bylaws contain standards governing the development of land and the construction of buildings including permitted uses, size, height and location of structures. For example, the City's Zoning Bylaws regulate how close to the lot line you can build or if you can locate a certain type of business at an address in Markham.
City Wide By-laws:
- Deck By-Law (By-Law 142-95)
- Delegation By-Law (By-Law 2002-202)
- Home Occupation By-Law (By-Law 53-94)
- Municipal Services By-Law (By-Law 2005-104)
- Park Dedication By-Law (By-Law195-90)
- Parking By-Law 28-97 Office Consolidation
- Site Plan Control (By-Law 262-94)
- Site Alteration By-Law (By-Law 2011-232)
- Tax Reduction - Heritage Property By-Law (By-Law 2003-341)
- Tree Preservation By-Law (By-Law 2013-136)
Zoning Bylaws may be viewed or purchased at the City's Planning Department, Markham Civic Centre at the Thornhill Entrance, 101 Town Centre Boulevard, Markham, Ontario, L3R 9W3.