Copy and Paste the following URL to add to bookmark.
- Provide written and oral advice on request of Council respecting the Code of Conduct governing the ethical behaviour of Members.
- Assess and investigate complaints about a Council Member from another Member of Council, the public or staff.
- Determine whether a member of Council has, in the Integrity Commissioner’s opinion, violated the Code of Conduct.
- Make recommendations on appropriate penalties if applicable.
- Provide to the City Clerk an annual report on findings of advice and complaint cases for the preceding year.
- Provide outreach programs for Council and staff on legislation, protocols and office procedures emphasizing the importance of ethics for public confidence in municipal government and disseminating information to the public on the City’s website.