High-Speed Electric Vehicle Charging Station
Electric Vehicle (EV) owners who live in Markham or are just passing through can now enjoy the convenience of high-speed charging at the Markham Civic Centre. The unit is located within minutes of Markham Centre – the City’s developing downtown core – and steps away from the Markham Town Square outdoor shopping mall and Markham Hilton Suites.
The City is proud to be the first municipality in Ontario to host a Level 3 Electric Vehicle (L3 EV) Charging Station, which offers an 80% charge in 30 minutes at an affordable price. Markham is also home to three other publicly accessible Level 2 chargers, one of which is located at Centennial Community Centre, delivering full charges to vehicles in four hours or more.
To locate more charging stations, visit caa.ca/evstations or plugshare.com.
To use the High Speed Electric Vehicle Charging Station, users must be a member of VERnetwork – one of the largest charging networks in Canada.
Users can sign up for an idVER card (charges apply) or download the FREE mobile app.
Become a VERnetwork member now.
Only one EV can charge at a time.
The charger is only compatible with CHAdeMO and SAE vehicles.
Cost Per Charge
Effective Monday, October 19, 2015, EV owners can charge their vehicles for $2 per 10 minutes. Charge is by the minute!
Thank you to Nissan Canada for sponsoring charges over the summer.
Markham Civic Centre Parking Lot
101 Town Centre Boulevard, Markham ON, L3R 9W3
- 2.6km north of Highway 407 ETR via Warden Avenue
- 3.2km east of the Highway 404 via Highway 7
Markham Civic Centre
101 Town Centre Boulevard
Monday to Friday from 8 AM to 5 PM (excluding statutory holidays)
Extended Contact Centre and Cash Counter hours until 7 PM every Thursday
- In-person payments for property tax, PowerStream bill, York Region Transit tickets, parking infraction tickets (located at the Thornhill Doors)
- Contact Centre municipal service inquiries (located at the Unionville Doors)
- Information Markham inquiries (located at the Main Entrance)
- Merlyn’s Cafeteria (located in the lower atrium via the Main Entrance)
Flato Markham Theatre
171 Town Centre Boulevard
Markham Town Square Outdoor Shopping Mall
8601 Warden Avenue
Northeast corner of Highway 7 and Warden Avenue
- Pizza Pizza
- Teriyaki Experience
- Second Cup
- No Frills
- Shoppers Drug Mart
- TD Bank
- Scotia Bank
Hilton Toronto/Markham Suites Conference Centre & Spa
8500 Warden Avenue
Southwest corner of Highway 7 and Warden Avenue
3601 Highway 7
Southeast corner of Highway 7 and South Town Centre Boulevard
Ontario’s Electric Vehicle Incentive Program
Did you know the Province of Ontario offers:
- Up to $8,500 in rebates per EV owned
- Up to $1,000 in rebates for private / home charging stations
- Incentives for corporate EV fleets and charging stations
- Green licence plates to EV owners that allow them to use HOV lanes with a single occupant
Learn more about the incentive program.