How will the Review be done and how long will it take?
The Review has four main phases:
- August – October 2012 – Phase 1: Consultant to conduct a review background data, and initiate first public consultation process
- October – December 2012 – Phase 2: Consultant to formulate draft options for revised ward boundaries, prepare interim report for presentation to General Committee
- January 2013 – Phase 3: Second public consultation on draft options presented in interim report, as directed by General Committee
- February - March 2013 – Phase 4: Prepare final options and report for presentation to General Committee & Council.
How can I be part of the process?
The City of Markham is required to publish notice of public meetings. Watch:
- Economist & Sun and the Thornhill Liberal.
- The City Page is published in the Economist & Sun every Thursday.
- Posters and electronic bulletin boards (TVs) in the Civic Centre and other City facilities (e.g., community centres) also distribute meeting information
In addition, you can return to the Boundaries Review section of the website to find updates as they occur.