Media, Contacts & Resources
Contact us at 905.477.5530, email@example.com or by using our website’s chat function during regular business hours.
Sign up and be among the first to hear about Markham’s exciting Canada 150 updates!
Access media materials for Markham's Canada 150 events and programs:
- April 28: Varley Art Gallery of Markham Receives Major Group of Seven Collection Donated from Jack MacQuarrie
- April 20: Markham Announces Events, Infrastructure and Community Grants for Canada’s 150th Birthday
- April 12: City of Markham Hosts Eabametoong First Nation Student Art Exhibit
- March 22: Be in the Spotlight for Markham’s Canada 150 Celebrations
- January 31: The City of Markham and Eabametoong First Nation Sign Partnership Accord
- Markham’s Canada 150 Launch
- Eabametoong First Nation Art Exhibit
- 100th Vimy Anniversary Commemorative Concert
- Star Search Markham Launch Event
- 52nd Anniversary of the Canada Flag Event
- Markham and Eabametoong First Nation Sign Partnership Accord
- Jack MacQuarrie Group of Seven Donation to Varley Art Gallery
For interview requests and media assistance, please contact the City of Markham’s Corporate Communications and Community Engagement department at 905.415.7548 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Requesting Markham’s Canada 150 Logo
Everyone will be celebrating Canada 150 in Markham throughout 2017! We encourage Markham’s Canada 150 Neighbourhood Grant recipients, local community organizations, businesses in Markham and others hosting celebratory events to deck them out in Markham’s Canada 150 colours.
The logo can be requested at email@example.com. Material must be submitted to the City for approval prior to production.
Curating Our Community – The History of Markham
Learn more about the history of Markham through an interactive map. Each point on the map represents photographs, oral histories, and artifacts from the Markham Museum, Heritage Markham, and private collections.
Markham Landscapes & Streetscapes Catalogue
Explore Markham’s historic landscapes and buildings. Discover the changes of streets, farms, parkland and individual buildings from 1860 to today.
100th Anniversary of the Battle of Vimy Ridge
The Battle of Vimy Ridge began on Easter Monday, April 9, 1917. Regiments from coast to coast saw action together in a distinctly Canadian triumph, helping create a new and stronger sense of Canadian identity in our country. Canada’s military achievements during the war raised our international stature and helped earn us a separate signature on the Treaty of Versailles that ended the First World War.
150 years of history, one day at a time!
Rediscover Canadian history from Confederation to today with the Library and Archives Canada heritage collection. Throughout 2017, discover the today-in-history vignette highlighting a significant event that shaped our society.
35th Anniversary of the Canada Charter of Rights and Freedoms
The Charter protects a number of rights and freedoms, including freedom of expression and the right to equality. It forms part of our Constitution – the highest law in all of Canada – and is one of our country’s greatest accomplishments. Join other Canadians in celebrating this important anniversary.
Canada 150 Reading List
- 150 Great Canadian Reads for Kids
- 150 Great Canadian Reads for Teens
- 150 Great Reads for Adults
- Truth and Reconciliation – Canada’s Residential Schools