Join today and achieve your health, fitness, and athletic goals. Our professional, qualified and friendly staff provide the personalized service you need to help you reach your goals. Whether you are training for your first marathon or recovering from heart surgery, trying to lose a little weight or just want to stay active, our clean and convenient facilities – with their full range of quality, leading edge equipment – are right for you.
Member benefits include:
- Access to all three Fitness Centres
- Annual fi tness assessment
- FREE guest passes
- Spa facilities including saunas and whirlpools
- Group fi tness classes
- Access to public skate, and recreational and lane swims
Markham Fitness Centres are fully equipped with:
- Supervised exercise area
- Resistance equipment (Cybex Strength-training equipment - some of the best in the business)
- Stretching area
- Free weights
- 25 metre indoor pool (Centennial and Cornell)
- Aquafit classes
- Therapy pool (Cornell and Thornhill)
- Aerobics classes
- Squash courts (Centennial and Thornhill)
- Cardiovascular Machines
- Men's and Ladies' Locker Rooms
- Men's and Ladies' Whirlpool and Sauna
- Free annual assessments and exercise prescription
- Knowledgeable staff
- Adults only facility
- Special physiotherapy programs
- Running Tracks (Cornell and Thornhill)
The Way to a Winning Lifestyle - Get with it, Get Active!
Markham is a leader in the fitness industry, striving to provide members with the best available equipment and unmatchable customer service. Our fitness centres go beyond just being gyms: they are wellness centres that encourage healthy living, and members benefit from the in-depth knowledge of our expert staff who help you enjoy great results.
Make a commitment to a healthier you and visit one of our centres today.
Live the Good Life
We all have different images of the good life. For one person it's a more vigorous lifestyle, for another it's maintaining one's ideal weight. Markham's fitness staff can help you live the good life by guiding you through your program and supporting you to meet your goals.
Benefits of Fitness
Fitness can add quality years to your life by slowing the aging process and by promoting health. A balanced fitness program that stresses aerobic exercise, flexibility and overall muscle conditioning improves the function of your heart and lungs, reduces stress and increases your resistance to disease and injury.
Benefits of Becoming Active
- Reduce or maintain body weight or body fat
- Reduce high blood pressure or the risk of hypertension
- Build and maintain healthy muscles, bones and joints
- Reduce the risk of developing and/or dying from heart disease
- Increase ability for independent living
- Reduce high cholesterol or the risk of developing high cholesterol
- Reduce the risk of developing diabetes
- Reduce depression and anxiety
- Reduce the risk of premature death
It doesn't require strenuous exercising to gain the benefits of being physically active. Every little bit counts.
One-on-one instruction and motivation from one of Markham's experienced personal trainers is ideal for anyone - beginners or those training for a specific event.
Finding time to exercise in today's busy world is not easy. Working with a personal trainer will help you stay motivated and ensure that you are exercising correctly.
5 More Personal Training has provided personal training services at City of Markham fitness centres since 1994.
Visit their website to find out more about working with a personal trainer and how to schedule a complimentary consultation.
Markham Fitness Classes
Fitness club members have access to fitness classes at no extra charge provided the classes are not full or cancelled.
Fitness Classes ( 452k/5p) - as published in the current Markham Life Magazine