Thornhill Community Centre
This centre, located on Bayview Avenue at John Street, has dedicated youth space, twin ice rinks with a heated viewing platform in the ice rink seating area that is accessible to persons using mobility devices, a therapy pool, two squash courts and a cycle studio.
Thornhill Community Centre also contains a gym, one of three City of Markham Health and Fitness Centres, a dance and wellness studio, and the largest of the city’s halls for rent, which can hold up to 500 people. This facility is also home to the Thornhill Seniors Club.
7755 Bayview Avenue
Markham, Ontario L3T 4P1
Hours of Operation
Generally, the Community Centre can be accessed 6:00 AM – 12:00 AM Monday – Sunday. Click here for holiday hours of operation.
Front Desk Services
- Monday - Thursday: 8:30 AM-8:00 PM
- Friday: 8:30 AM-7:00 PM
- Saturday - Sunday: 9:00 AM-2:00 PM
- Chemistry Fun (Children)
- Zumba for Kids (Children)
- Financial Planning Workshops (Estate planning / Managing your risk / Retirement Income Products / Wealth Accumulation (Adults)
- Bridge Lessons (Adults)
- Jewelry Making (Adults)
- Knitting and Crochet (Adults)
- Taekwondo (Adults)
Thornlea Pool is now open during the day! Just a few minutes north of Thornhill Community Centre, Thornlea Pool is located behind Thornlea Secondary School. It features a swimming pool and gymnasium, and offers programs and swimming lessons for all ages at different times throughout the day. Check out your copy of Markham Life magazine for details.
- 2 arenas with ice pads 85 x 200 feet, and spectator seating for 300 and 1000
- Community hall with a 500-person capacity (AGCO licensable)
- Community meeting rooms
- Cycle studio
- Fitness studio
- Indoor walking/running track
- Multi-purpose rooms
- Senior’s Centre
- Squash courts
- Therapeutic swimming pool
- Wheelchair accessible
- Defibrillator onsite
Follow City of Markham's board Thornhill Community Centre on Pinterest.