The Community Calendar is intended to include special community events that are open to the general public and support the concept of community involvement. The City of Markham does not necessarily endorse or support any specific event posted in the Community Calendar and will not be responsible in any way for the event.
Posting of events to the Community Calendar will be provided at the discretion of the City's Corporate Communications Department based on the following criteria:
- The event is open to the general public.
- The event is is takes place within the City of Markham or Region of York.
- The event is consistent with community standards.
- Event entries will be reviewed and added once a week. Please allow sufficient time for your submission to be validated and added to the City's website.
- Linked sites for the event must conform to the City's policy for external links.
- If there is a fee involved, it must be included in the posting.
- The City of Markham is not responsible for the accuracy of event postings and it is the responsibility of the organizer to inform the City of Markham of changes to the information submitted.
The City will not post events that are:
- Advertising to promote the sale of commercial products or services.
- Regular ongoing fundraising activities.
- Discriminatory against any individual or group.
Please note that the required city permits for community events are not associated with the posting of an event to the Website. Please email Special Events Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire about the necessary permits for your events.
The Community Calendar is the property of the City of Markham, and as such the City reserves the right to review and edit all requests for inclusion on the Calendar.
The Corporation of the City of Markham