We proudly serve the Markham community through seven branches. We’re one of the most visited library systems per capita and we check out more items per capita than any library system in the GTA. In the library industry we are known for our customer service initiatives and innovations in library technology, programs and services.
Markham Public Library - where Markham's communities come together to imagine, create, learn and grow.
We are your public library providing everyone in the community the opportunity for success.
Our resources, staff, programs and spaces enrich the lives of everyone in Markham.
The library engages with the community to read, study, play, explore ideas, express their creativity and connect with each other.
We help people build the life and vibrant community they desire.
Our Customer Promise
Markham Public Library enriches, inspires, empowers and links the community through our resources and services. We proudly work to promote literacy, a lifelong love of learning, and a culture of reading.
As our customer, you can expect Markham Public Library to:
- deliver equal access to information and services tailored to meet your needs
- offer dynamic service by informed staff who take ownership of every customer interaction
- acknowledge and respond to your feedback
- have fair practices and procedures while ensuring accountability to the community
- provide welcoming spaces
We are confident that you will work with us to ensure that all library customers share an outstanding experience. As a customer of Markham Public Library you will:
- respect the rights of all library customers to share a common space
- ensure the care and safety of your children
- be courteous and respectful to others
- follow library practices and procedures
- treat library materials and resources with care
We will work with you to provide an outstanding library experience.