||Mailing Address: 3201 Bur Oak Avenue, Markham, L6B 0T2
Monday to Thursday: 9:30 AM to 9:00 PM
Friday: 9:30 AM to 5:00 PM
Saturday: 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM
Sunday: 1:00 PM to 5:00 PM
Parking for customers of the Cornell Library is provided in the adjacent Parking Garage.
The first three (3) hours of parking is free of charge for library customers who validate their parking ticket at the parking validation machine located in the Library.
Please bring your ticket into the library for validation during your visit.
After this three hour period, a parking fee will be charged at the rate of: $4.00 for each 30 minutes – Maximum daily fee is $17.00
||Patrick Pan, Branch Manager
||The Cornell Branch is part of the Cornell Community Centre located on Bur Oak Ave. north of Highway 7 and south of Church St. Map from Libraries 411.
- Comfortable seating throughout the library
- Fireside lounge
- Café (coming soon)
- Study Rooms
- Teen Area with lounge seating, media wall (coming soon), and a collection of graphic novels, movies and books and audiobooks of interest to teens
- Children’s Area including collection of books, board books, Easy Readers, magazines, and movies for kids. Unique design and toys that encourages play based learning and interaction.
- Self Service Check Out and Returns
- Computers Lab and public access computers throughout the library. More than 30 computers throughout the library.
- Digital Media Lab
- Markham Stouffville Hospital Library opening late January 2013. A first of its kind partnership between a medical and public library. The medical library is supported by a strong Health & Wellness collection.
- Express self service checkout that allows customers to check out material without staff intervention.
- Automated check-in system allows customers to return their material and obtain a receipt for the items returned. The unit also sorts the material returned into designated bins for the staff to handle.
- Wireless connectivity for customer laptop use, a computer training room for programs aimed at developing computer and internet searching skills.
- A more proactive kind of library service, where staff rove the library serving customers at point of need.
Cornell Community Centre and Library [PDF] earns LEED Silver Level of Certification [PDF] from the Canada Green Building Council in recognition of its achievements in energy efficient design, construction and operation.