||Mailing Address: 6031 Highway 7, Markham, ON, L3P 3A7
Monday to Thursday: 9:30 AM to 9:00 PM
Friday: 9:30AM to 5:00 PM
Saturday: 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM
Sunday: 1:00 PM to 5:00 PM
||Leah Rucchetto, Branch Manager
Markham Village Branch
||Located in the heart of the Markham Village area, at 6031 Highway 7 on the southeast corner of Highway 7 and Main Street Markham. Map from Libraries 411.
|Building and Collection Information
- 30,000 square feet of public space.
- Ample seating—more than 200 seats.
- Comfortable seating in fireplace lounge area.
- Group study rooms and individual study booths.
- Teen area with lounge seating, a media wall and PCs with internet access.
- Children's area, including a pond-themed Storytime Room, a discovery zone to encourage early learning and a love of reading, PCs and lots of seating.
- Collection size of 120,000 volumes attractively organized by categories to support browsing and finding a great read.
- Express self service checkout that allows customers to check out material without staff intervention.
- Automated check-in system allows customers to return their material and obtain a receipt for the items returned. The unit also sorts the material returned into designated bins for the staff to handle.
- Wireless connectivity for customer laptop use, a computer training room for programs aimed at developing computer and internet searching skills.
- A more proactive kind of library service, where staff rove the library serving customers at point of need.
Room rental information and application form
(divided into two)
50 (Half Meeting Room)
||Computer lab with Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel and PowerPoint), internet and online database access.