Suggest a Purchase
The Markham Public Library strives to build a balanced collection to serve the public. We appreciate your ideas and contributions. Suggestions are evaluated according to our Library Collections & Material Selection Policy. [PDF]
We welcome suggestions for:
- Authors, titles, or subjects of interest to you that would also be of interest to others.
- Items of local interest, relating to Markham or Ontario.
Please do not suggest:
- Items already available in the Library Catalogue.
- Titles that are not yet published - notices are often issued months in advance.
- Current popular titles and best-selling authors. The library automatically purchases widely from current publishing. Please check the catalogue periodically.
- Out of print items.
- Suggestions for magazines will be retained for review on an annual basis. Commitments to ongoing subscriptions must be carefully considered for criteria such as contribution to a subject area, or local interest.