You can check your Library account to see when your items are due back to the Library, to view items that you've recently returned and to check the status of your holds. To do this you first need to create an online account.
Create your My MPL account
The first time you visit our catalogue you need to log in and create an account. The log in prompt is on the top right of the page. To log in you need to enter your library card and PIN. You will then be prompted to create a new account. Watch a video for steps to creating your account.
- Your username is a unique name that protects your identity. It appears on any comments, reviews or lists that you create. The best user name is one that's easy to remember and that doesn't contain personal information such as your library card number or last name.
- Entering an email address allows you to receive messages from MPL such as notification of holds and library news.
Why do I need to set up an account?
You can search the catalogue without setting up an account – but you'll be missing out on the enhanced features. You'll also need to set up an account in order to place holds or check your record (for example, the due dates of items you've checked out). A username allows you to create an easy to remember log in so you don't have to type in your library barcode number each time you visit. Once you've registered your account you can log in using either your username or your library card number.
What is the recently returned feature?
If you choose to activate the Recently Returned feature, the system will keep track of all items you return to the library from that point on and will store the items on the list for three months. The list will be private and you will be able to see it only when you are logged in to your account.
Check Your Account
From the catalogue move your mouse over the My MPL tab and you'll see the options available
- My Borrowing lets you know what items you have checked out, your holds, and any charges or messages on your account. You can also renew items and suspend or reactivate your holds. Suspending holds allows you to manage your holds if you're going away or to avoid multiple holds coming in at the same time.
- My Collection keeps tracks of everything you've rated or commented on.
- My Lists links you to the lists that you've created. This is also the place to create a new list.
- My Networks lists people that you are following. You can also choose to ignore users whose interests are not the same as yours.
The explore feature allows you to explore MPL's collection. Move your mouse over the Explore tab for options. You'll find recently reviewed items, items recently added to the collection, bestseller lists and recommendations from the users that you are following.
At any time, you can click on the Help button at the top of the page to learn more about how to use the features of our new catalogue.