You may apply for a library card at any branch of the Markham Public Library.
Upon presentation of valid name identification with your current address, a permanent membership will be issued at the Customer Service Desk.
Your Library card:
- May be used at any MPL Branch
- Is required for all Library transactions
- Comes with a Personal Identification Number (PIN). Your PIN
- Is required to access your account online or through TeleCirc
- May be obtained by visiting or calling any MPL location
- May be changed at any MPL computer or through MPL's online catalogue
Lost or stolen cards must be reported to us immediately. A replacement will be issued at the cost of $2.00. Damaged or worn-out cards will be replaced free of charge. If you move, please notify us so that we can update our records.
Borrowers are responsible for all items borrowed on their cards and all outstanding fees.
Children under the age of thirteen (13) must have their cards signed by a parent or guardian. The parent or guardian is responsible for all items on child's card and the service charges incurred on that card.
Library Card Registration Form [PDF]