Markham offers programs and activities for every age and ability. Try something new, re-kindle a passion, or just stay active! With thousands of programs and activities choose from, there is sure to be something for you!
Markham Life, the City of Markham's recreation program guide, features a wide variety of excellent programs and services, events and drop-in activities offered by the City of Markham and community partners. View the full program guide or browse by category below.
Look for the symbol for programs that develop fundamental movement skills and promote physical literacy.
Spring 2017 Programs
You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader to view these PDFs. Download the latest version of Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Change to Drop-box Registration Process
The following forms of payment will no longer be accepted for drop-box registrations:
- Credit Card Information
In order to process a registration form from the drop-box there must be funds on the account prior to submission.
Please add payment to your account by:
- Logging into your account through EZ Reg.
- Calling the Contact Centre at 905-475-4731.
- Visiting a community centre.
Please note that submission of the registration form through drop-box does not guarantee registration in the selected course(s).
To register for a program visit EZ Reg Online Program Registration or learn about other ways to register.
Need help registering? Give us a call at 905-475-4731 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. We are open from Monday-Friday 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM.
Canadian Tire Jumpstart® – Markham Chapter
Canadian Tire Jumpstart® is a community-based charitable program that helps kids aged 4-18 participate in organized sports and recreation such as hockey, dance, soccer and swimming, so they can develop important life skills, self esteem and confidence.
National in scope, but local in focus, Canadian Tire Jumpstart® delivers support to children in financial need through a Canada-wide network of local chapters. Richmond Hill, through its Community Services Department, is one such Chapter. The Town, working together with Canadian Tire Associate Dealers, identifies children who would benefit from Canadian Tire Jumpstart® and ensures effective delivery of the program.
- Children are eligible for up to $600 per calendar year
- All applicants must reside within Markham.
- Eligible applicants include children and youth between the ages 4 and 18 years of age.
- Grants will not exceed a maximum of $300 per application. Please note that our goal this year is to reach as many children as possible therefore grant amounts will vary.
- Programs or activities must encourage physical activity.
- Funding preference is to pay for registration fees.
- Approval of funding is dependent on available funds.
- Funding is available for members of the same family for the same season.
- Funding should be for a sustained program that lasts a season. One week camps are not eligible.
How to Apply
If you would like to apply for support through the Canadian Tire Jumpstart® program, please apply online.
You can also send your completed Jumpstart Applications to Janet Beatty, Recreation Coordinator, Programs and Outreach, via email to email@example.com or mailed/faxed to:
Markham Civic Centre
101 Town Centre Blvd.
Markham, ON, L3R 9W3
The City of Markham endorses the injury prevention standards on concussion management from the Region of York. For more information on York Region's standards to concussion management and participating in programs.