Recreational Ice Skating is available October 2012-April 2013. For schedule information at any of our ice rinks and community centre areas, please follow the links below.
Indoor Skating Facilities
Indoor skating facilities are located at the following community centres:
- Angus Glen Community Centre - 905-944-3777
- Centennial Community Centre - 905-294-6111
- Crosby Memorial Community Centre - 905-944-3777
- Markham Village Community Centre - 905-294-6111
- Milliken Mills Community Centre - 905-477-6410
- Mount Joy Community Centre 905-471-8755
- R.J. Clatworthy Arena - 905-881-6363
- Thornhill Community Centre - 905-944-3800
Recreational Skate (Fees Include HST)
- Parent & Tot Skate (5 yrs and under) - FREE
- Parent & Tot Shinny (5 yrs and under) - FREE
- Children (15 and under) - 2.30 per visit or 10 tickets for $20.85
- Seniors - $2.45 per visit or 10 tickets for $21.87
- Adult - $4.00 per visit or 10 tickets for $36.10
- Family Rate* - $10.00 per visit or 10 tickets for $88.58
- Shinny Hockey - $4.60 or 10 tickets for $41.70
*Note: Family skating rate includes a maximum of 6 people, no more than 2 adults, and children must be 15 years of age or younger. Minimum age for shinny is 16 years (hockey helmets are mandatory). Call facilities for holiday public skating schedules. CSA approved hockey helmets are recommended for all recreation skaters.
Outdoor Ice Rinks
Skating hours are subject to ice/weather conditions.
- Markham Civic Centre Ice Rink - at 101 Town Centre Blvd, north-west corner of Highway 7 & Warden Ave.
(Open 10 am to 10 pm daily)
Holiday Hours of Operation:
- Dec 24 10-6pm
- Dec 25 CLOSED
- Dec 26 10-10pm
- Dec 31 10-6pm
- Jan 1 10-10pm
- Toogood Pond - in Unionville located on Carlton Road, west of Main Street Unionville
Skating rinks are dependent on the ice and weather conditions, and are monitored daily by parks staff. A minimum of 19cm or 7 1/2 inches of solid ice with no surface water, or melting edges is required to open the ponds for safe public skating.
Please Note: All locations use a flag system to inform the public of ice conditions.
- Skating hours are subject to ice/weather conditions
- RED flag means skating is not permitted and there is no skate patrol on duty.
- YELLOW flag means ice is of sufficient depth for skating - proceed with caution.
- Skate at own risk
For further information please call a Customer Service Representative at 905-415-7535.
Skate Rental Information
Please click on the link below for information on skating rentals
Skating Contact Information
If you have any questions, suggestions or concerns about recreational skating activities, please direct them to the specific arena:
- Angus Glen Community Centre / Crosby Memorial Community Centre
Scott Hill, Facility Supervisor at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Centennial Community Centre
Bernie McDermott, Facility Coordinator at email@example.com
- Milliken Mills Community Centre
Kevin McGuckin, Facility Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Markham Village Community Centre / Mount Joy Community Centre
Rob Hartnett, Facility Supervisor at email@example.com
- Thornhill Community Centre / R.J. Clatworthy Arena
Dennis Riggs, Facility Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org