Drop-in Programs and Schedules
Drop-in programs are a great way to promote activity and fitness while being flexible to meet the needs of your schedule. The programs are "pay as you go" for all ages and abilities.
On this page:
Group Fitness Classes are an excellent way to keep fit. Drop in to any of our programs listed below or pre-register for the season with EZ Reg.
Spring 2017 Drop-in Fitness Schedules
Group Fitness Class Fees (effective September 1, 2016):
||Regular Fitness Class
||Specialty Fitness Class*
||Regular 10 Ticket Pass
||Specialty 10 Ticket Pass
|Senior ages 65 years and up
*Specialty Fitness Classes include: Carlates, Cycle Elite, Cycle Fitness, Fit-Tease, Group Personal Training, NIA, Osteoperosis, Pilates, Pilates and the Ball, Up in Arms, Fit for Fun, Yoga, and Core Fusion.
Drop in to your local community centre for a game of badminton, pickleball, table tennis, basketball, and more!
Spring 2017 Drop-in Program Schedules
Fees (effective September 1, 2016):
|Youth and Adult
|Seniors (65 years and up)
Winter 2017 Drop-in Pool Schedules
Spring 2017 Drop-in Pool Schedules
Drop-in Swim Descriptions:
||Open to all individuals 6 years of age and older, the pool is to be accessed for fitness swimming. Participants 6-9 years old that have completed the admission swim test (must be able to complete at least one continuous length of the pool unassisted), may swim independently. The pool is set up for participants to swim lengths of the pool. Lanes are set up as fast, medium and slow.
|Parent and Tot
||The wading pool is open and accessible to a parent or guardian (15 years +) and preschooler up to 7 years old. The swim admission policy applies.
||Open to children and adults for recreational swimming. Swim admission policy applies.
||Our splash pad area is available for the public to use during specified instructional lessons located at Angus Glen and Cornell Community Centre. This area may be used by preschoolers up to 7 years old with their guardians (15 years +) The splash pad area is also a feature provided during our recreational swim times. Those wishing to use the splash pad area during recreational swim times will be required to pay admission.
||Open to all individuals interested in accessing the Therapeutic Pool to do light water exercise or stretching in a warm water environment. The Therapeutic Pool is especially helpful for individuals with arthritis and fibromyalgia, because the warmth helps relax muscles and diminish pain and stiffness. This program is available only at our therapeutic pools.
|Endurance Lane Swim (Pan Am Pool)
||Open to all individuals 10 years of age and older, the pool is to be accessed for endurance fitness swimming. The pool is set up for participants to swim lengths of the pool. Lanes are set up as fast, medium and slow.
Fees (effective September 1, 2016)
|Child (to 16 years)
|Adult (16+ years)
|Senior (65+ years)
|Specialty Aquafit (Adults)
|Specialty Aquafit (Seniors)
See the Winter 2017 Skate Schedule to continue your practice!
Drop-in Adult Shinny
Drop-in adult shinny is a maximum of 20 players + 2 goalies that are 16 years or older and operates on a first-come, first-served basis. The tickets/sign-up sheet will only be available 30 minutes prior to the start time.
Fees (effective September 1, 2016)
|Children (4 to 15 years)
|Seniors (65+ years)
|Adults (16+ years)
|Adult Shinny (16+ years)
- Wheelchairs welcome in all recreational skates.
- Occasional cancellations may occur due to schedule conflicts
- Please allow 10 minutes of each hour for resurfacing the ice.
- Minimum age for Adult Shinny is 16 years (hockey helmets are mandatory).
- Family Stick & Puck is a casual way to practice the fundamentals of hockey: shooting, passing and basic stick handling. Hockey helmets are mandatory for this program (for both Adults and Children) and scrimmages are not permitted. This program provides an opportunity for children and their parents to play together. No children are permitted on the ice themselves and no adults permitted on the ice without a child. Family rate applies.
- C.S.A. approved hockey helmets are recommended for all recreational skaters.
- C.S.A. approved hockey helmets are mandatory for adult shinny.
- Family rate includes a maximum of 6 people (no more than 2 adults and children must be 15 years of age or younger).
Outdoor Skating Rink Information
Find out more about our Outdoor Skating Rinks.
Skate Rental Information
Please visit www.markhamskaterentals.com for information on skating rentals.
For holiday programs, visit the holiday schedule page.
For PA Day programs, visit the PA day schedule page.