Skating and Hockey Lessons & Public Skating Schedules
Markham Civic Centre Ice - CLOSED
|The ice surface at the Markham Civic Centre will be closed for the rest of the season due to the warm temperatures we've received recently.
The City of Markham maintains this outdoor skating facility (weather permitting) for you and your family to enjoy. Shinny hockey is not permitted.
Location: 101 Town Centre Boulevard, north-west corner of Highway 7 and Warden Ave
Hours of Operation:
- 10 AM - 10 PM daily except Wednesdays
- 12 PM - 10 PM Wednesdays
Skate Rentals are available at the Markham Civic Centre on:
- Fridays 4 PM - 10 PM
- Saturdays 10 AM - 10 PM
- Sundays 10 AM - 8 PM
For more rental information, visit www.markhamskaterentals.com.
Visit our Drop-in Programs webpage for public skating schedules.
View our Skating and Hockey Registered Programs [PDF]
Recreational Skate Fees
Fees (effective September 1, 2016):
|Parent & Tot Skate and Parent & Tot Shinny (5 years and under)
|Children (4 to 15 years)
|Seniors (65+ years)
|Adults (16+ years)
|Adult Shinny (16+ years)
*Note: Family skating rate includes a maximum of 6 people, no more than 2 adults, and children must be 15 years of age or younger. Minimum age for shinny is 16 years (hockey helmets are mandatory). Call facilities for holiday public skating schedules. CSA approved hockey helmets are recommended for all recreation skaters.
If you have any questions, suggestions or concerns about recreational skating activities, contact:
- Angus Glen Community Centre: Adriano Trabucco Facility Supervisor at email@example.com
- Centennial Community Centre: Alex Giammarco, Facility Supervisor at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Crosby Community Centre: Paul Singleton Facility Supervisor at email@example.com
- Milliken Mills Community Centre: Ryan Hanna, Facility Supervisor at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Markham Village Community Centre / Mount Joy Community Centre: Lorne DeHaas, Facility Supervisor at email@example.com
- Thornhill Community Centre / R.J. Clatworthy Arena: Edward Migue, Facility Supervisor at firstname.lastname@example.org