Over the past sixteen years The Markham Milliken Children’s Festival has enjoyed success through the generous support and help of our volunteers who serve as both helpers and ambassadors during the festival. They are vital to the success of this annual festival and we invite you to apply for this rewarding opportunity.
How to Apply
- Visit the City of Markham’s Special Events Volunteer Portal
- Register online and complete the general online application form
- Submit your form and click on Volunteer Opportunities
- View all the opportunities available at the Markham Milliken Children’s Festival
- Select a volunteer position and click confirm
Volunteer Opportunities Include
Children Activity Zones
Assist the children with various arts, crafts, activities. Help to keep the children safe, and the play area clean and tidy.
Stage and Entertainment
Assist the Entertainment Lead to direct the performers and keep the program on schedule.
Petting Zoo and Horse Wagon Rice
Monitor and manage the lineup. Check for Play-All-Day Wristbands.
Apply a small image to children’s faces with washable face paints.
Floaters and “Ask Me”
Provide information and direction for festival attendees.
Games and Inflatables
Manage lineups and check for Height Requirements and Play-All-Day Wristbands.
Wrap children’s hair with colored threads. Keep the zone clean and tidy.