Organic material is collected every week on your regular collection day.
Place organic material in any kind of plastic bag.
Material must be set out at your curb by 7:00 am on your collection day or after 7:00 pm the night before (By-law 32-95).
Green Bin Tips:
- Using permanent marker, write your address on your green bin - makes it easier for it to be returned if it blows away
- Any plastic bag can be used to line your small kitchen container. Simply tie the bag when full and place it into the green bin
- Excess organic material can be put in a clear bag and placed beside your green bin at the curb
- Green bin must weigh less than 40lbs
- Yard material and grass clippings do not go in the green bin. Mulch the grass and leave it on the lawn
- Keep Critters away! Learn how!
- Animal bedding
- Butcher paper
- Coffee filters/grounds/tea bags
- Confidential papers/bills
- Fast food paper packaging
- Flowers – dried/fresh cut
- Grease/lard/cooking oil (never pour down the drain)
- Meat absorbent pads
- Microwave popcorn bags
- Muffin paper
- Soiled paper products (plates, cups, egg cartons, pizza boxes)
- Paper towels/napkins
- Shredded paper (place excess in a clear bag beside green bin)
- Artificial flowers and plants
- Baby wipes, disposable mop sheets
- Cigarette butts
- Cotton balls, ear cleaners and makeup removal pads
- Dead animals
- Dryer lint or dryer sheets
- Plastic wrap and baggies
- Wax paper
- Vacuum cleaner bags and contents