Road and sidewalk maintenance is managed by the City of Markham’s Operations Department. Regardless of the season, our staff maintain over 1000km of roads and sidewalks in order to ensure our residents can travel with ease. Your ability to travel safely on the City’s network of roads is our first concern.
Our road crews are out daily, sometimes day and night, maintaining our roads and sidewalks by:
- Sweeping and cleaning streets during warmer weather
- Snow plowing or salting roads and sidewalks during winter weather
- Road & bridge repairs
- Road sign installation and repairs
- Boulevard maintenance including trimming City-owned trees as required
- Clean-up of debris on roads to ensure safe travel
If you have a concern or problem to report about City roads and sidewalks, please contact us at 905-477-5530 or email@example.com.