The City of Markham inspects, maintains, repairs and replaces water and wastewater infrastructure.
Keeping You Informed
For each project location a Construction Notice is issued to homes and businesses within the working area. Home and business owners, when necessary, may be asked to refrain from using water for a short period of time during construction. When work is completed, or if work is cancelled, a Finish Notice or a Cancellation Notice will be issued.
Questions? Please call the Contact Centre at (905)-477-5530.
City Wide Projects
2016 Sanitary Sewer System Rehabilitation and Upgrade Program
The annual Waterworks Sanitary Sewer System Rehabilitation and Upgrade Program is scheduled to commence on the first week of June 2016, and complete by the end of November 2016. The works consist of the following parts:
- Part A.1- Sanitary sewer full-length Cured-In-Place Pipe (CIPP) lining,
- Part A.2- Sanitary sewer spot repairs and CIPP spot lining,
- Part A.3- Sanitary manhole various repairs,
- Part B- Sanitary sewer pressure testing and grouting at sewer joints,
- Part C- Sanitary one-piece CIPP lateral short-length and full-length lining (public path), and
Waterworks is working on map identifying locations of these sewer repairs. Further project details, including project location map, will be available for reference by Q2/2016. Trenchless repair methods are utilized under this program, hence no excavations or traffic detours are necessary under this project.
Village Parkway Sanitary Sewer Replacement and Flow Diversion
**PROJECT UPDATE - October 2016** (PDF)
**PROJECT UPDATE - November 2016** (PDF)
Sanitary sewer construction on Village Parkway to divert sewage flows from part of the sewerage service area located at the northeast quadrant of Hwy 7 / Warden Avenue to the sub-trunk sewer on Highway 7 in order to relieve surcharged conditions occur in both the Warden Avenue sub-trunk sewer and Fred Varley Drive sewers during wet weather conditions. Work for this project includes:
- Sanitary sewer replacement on Village Parkway from Landmark Court to Buchanan Drive to facilitate sewage flow diversion to the Highway 7 sub-trunk sewer via the existing sanitary sewer on Village Parkway from Landmark Court to Highway 7.
- Modifying existing sanitary manhole at the intersections of Fenwick Crescent / Buchanan Drive re-directing the outlet flow direction from south to east through the sewer on Buchanan Drive;
- Modifying existing sanitary manhole at the intersection of Village Parkway / Buchanan Drive re-directing the outlet flow direction from north to south through the sewer on Village Parkway.
Project location is shown on the attached map.
Back to Top