All suggestions are from staff!
- Implementing and approving hardware technology that is more energy efficient; replacement of hardware that are 7 or 10 years old.
- Ensure all MFD and printers switch to power save mode after inactivity timeout.
- Work towards a policy to enforce screen blackout when not used for more than 30mins.
- Turn off the power bars for the cameras, etc.
- Shut my computer down for lunch.
- Turn off the PC every night.
- Turn off the fan if it is not too hot at work.
- Turn off lights in the kitchenettes.
- Turn off hallway lights.
- Turn off the kitchen/photocopy room lights at night.
- Turn off bathroom lights when not in use.
- If working late hours, instead of using the overhead lights which light the whole office, use a desk lamp to light just your office space.
- Dress according to the weather to ensure that you're comfortable with the temperature at work and not require heat or air conditioning to be turned up to accommodate your needs.
- Share the energy and electricity conservation tips and ideas with your colleagues and try to reinforce them in their daily actions.
- Close or tilt window blinds to block direct sunlight to reduce cooling needs during warm months.
- Always use the second side of paper, either by printing on both sides or using the blank side as scrap paper.
- To save gas: drive the speed limit, accelerate and decelerate slower, and make sure tires are pumped up.
- Use durable coffee mugs instead of disposable cups.
Back to Top