Do Your Part. Stop the Spread of COVID-19.
During these challenging times, the health and safety of our community and employees is our number one priority.
The City of Markham’s COVID-19 Team is working closely with public health officials at the regional, provincial and national levels concerning the evolving novel coronavirus situation.
We have a robust business continuity plan in place to help ensure that we continue to provide essential services to our residents, businesses and community stakeholders.
Get the latest information from York Region Public Health's website on how to protect yourself and others.
Information is available in multiple languages.
Protect yourself and others:
- As of September 19, 2020, the new limit on the number of people allowed to attend an unmonitored private social gathering across the province is:
- 10 people at an indoor event or gathering (previous limit of 50) or
- 25 people at an outdoor event or gathering (previous limit of 100)
- Indoor and outdoor events and gatherings cannot be merged together. Gatherings of 35 (25 outdoors and 10 indoors) are not permitted.
- Practice physical distancing – keep 2 metres/6 feet from others
- A mask or face covering is required in indoor public spaces
- As of August 7, 2020, wearing a mask or face covering will be required in common areas in condos, apartments & other multi-residential buildings
- When unable to keep a safe distance from others while outdoors, a mask or face covering is recommended
- Making or joining a social circle of up to 10 people is recommended
- Wash your hands frequently
Learn about Stage 3 of the framework for reopening Ontario.
If you see something, say something:
Report violations to York Regional Police (Online Reporting) or 1.866.876.5423.
Download COVID Alert today!
Canada’s free exposure alert app.