Spring Programming Cancellations
Following the guidance of the Chief Public Health Officer of Canada and the Ontario Chief Medical Officer of Health, all spring recreation, culture and library drop-in and registered programs have been cancelled and the closure of all City facilities has been extended.
All registered program participants will receive a credit in their family account and all administrative fees and notification requirements will be waived. Credits can be used at any time for any future programs or memberships. This policy applies to all Recreation, Markham Museum, Varley Art Gallery and Pan Am Centre rentals, programs and camps.
For participants without a family account, payments made by cash, debit, and cheque will receive their refund via cheque.
Refunds to the original form of payment will be processed upon request by the customer, by calling the Contact Centre at 905.477.5530.
Services Not Available
- Swim All School Year & Lifesaving Club of Markham
- Pre-paid Fitness, Walking Track, Spa and Aquatics memberships are suspended until further notice. Expiry dates will be extended based on the number of days closed.
- Personal Training services are cancelled until further notice. Unused training sessions will be scheduled when facilities reopen.
- Markham Sports League (MSL) winter season games are cancelled and participants will receive a prorated refund.
- All permit bookings until May 31 are cancelled. All permit holders will receive a refund to their original form of payment or leave credits on the account.
- All outdoor sports field permits until May 31 are cancelled. All payments are postponed until further notice.
- All Milne Park permit rentals until May 31 are cancelled. Access to Milne Park will be unavailable until further notice.
- All Markham Public Library, Markham Museum, Varley Art Gallery and Pan Am Centre rentals, programs and camps scheduled until May 31 are cancelled.
- All events scheduled until May 31 are cancelled. City staff will work with event organizers to determine appropriate next steps.
- All Youth Council programs and events until May 31 are cancelled.
- All Seniors’ club program and events are cancelled until further notice.
We encourage program participants to continue to stay active at home by subscribing to City of Markham’s Fitness YouTube channel and try various exercises virtually. We will continue to add new activities for the whole family.
City of Markham summer camps, leadership programs, MSL leagues and workshops starting after May 31 are still available and open for registration. View a complete list in the Markham Life spring edition or at markham.ca/recreation.
Markham’s arena and pools are available for rental at various times throughout the year, please speak to the customer service representative assisting you for future rental opportunities. View a complete list of Markham community and fitness centres.
The Markham Public Library digital library remains open at markhampubliclibrary.ca with access to newspapers, magazines, books and movies.
Special Notice: Markham Life Summer edition will be available on May 12, online only.