Documents, News & Resources
Initial Charrette Master Plan Drawings and Recommendations
Following the information-gathering sessions and presentations conducted at the Charrette in early June, ideas for the draft master plan were summarized in five documents, as follows.
- Overview of the Master Plan Study June 5, 2013 [PDF]
- Post Charrette Overview [PDF]
- Post Charrrette Part 1 Introduction [PDF]
- Post Charrrette Part 2 Focus Areas [PDF]
- Post Charrrette Part 3 Public Input Process [PDF]
- Post Charrrette Part 4 Urban Retail [PDF]
Updated Master Plan Drawings and Recommendations
In response to the excellent feedback provided by residents and community groups, the draft plan was modified and enhanced during Stage III. To move the project forward in achievable steps, the team performed a detailed study of five focus areas, or hubs, as well as designing a more effective mid-street access point at the public stairway across from Timothy’s. The team also developed additional concepts for a streestcape master plan and studied parking options in greater detail. The following concepts were presented at the November 7 and January 30 information meetings.
Unionville Master Plan Stage III Documents
- Stage III, Part 1 Overview [PDF]
- Stage III, Part 2A Highway 7 [PDF]
- Stage III, Part 2B Stiver [PDF]
- Stage III, Part 2C Crosby [PDF]
- Stage III, Part 3 Streetscape [PDF]
- Stage III, Part 4 Parking [PDF]
The following concepts were presented at the January 30, 2014 information meeting:
The Concept Master Plan was presented to Markham Council at a public information meeting on June 10, 2014. The presentation is summarized below in three documents.