- Basement Flooding Protection — Rebate Program [PDF]
- Learn more about Markham's Flood Protection Rebate Program
Flood Control Program - Stormwater Fee
- Learn about Markham's Flood Control Program and Stormwater Fee
- Frequently Asked Questions about the Stormwater Fee
About Markham's Stormwater System
The City of Markham, its residents and businesses value our environment and its natural resources. Our stormwater management activities help protect and enhance our water resources, and maintain the continued health of our streams, rivers, lakes, fisheries and natural heritage systems.
Stormwater management policies and practices also help manage the risk of flood damages in natural and urban drainage systems.
Markham's stormwater management systems have evolved from basic ditch and storm sewer drainage networks, to advanced storage and treatment facilities that manage both the quality and quantity of stormwater runoff and snowmelt.
Today's stormwater management policies and standards promote systems that mimic the natural water cycle and protect sensitive fish species in our environment.
In this section
- Markham's Stormwater Management Strategy
- Markham Flood Control Program
- West Thornhill Stormwater Flood Remediation
- Don Mills Channel Flood Reduction Environmental Assessment
- Markham Village / Unionville Flood Reduction Study
- Erosion Control