Webcast Requirements / Technical Help
Supported Player Clients & Devices
To watch a meeting on Livestream, pleasure ensure you have the following:
- System Requirements: Windows 7 or higher, Mac OS X 10.6 or higher
- Supported Desktop Browsers: Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox, Safari 8 or higher, Microsoft Edge, Internet Explorer 11
- Supported Mobile Browsers: Chrome, Safari (iOS)
- Adobe Flash Player: http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about (Not required for Google Chrome, Firefox, or Safari)
- Internet Connection: 5-10mbps download speed is recommonded. Check your connection at http://www.speedtest.net.
Firewalls and Web Proxy Issues
For some users, especially those who are connecting to City of Markham Online from inside a firewall (such as inside a corporate or educational institution), you may find you are unable to use the media services. Some organizations will not allow you to use streaming services. Contact your computer system administrator or IT (Information Technology) department to see if streaming is allowed, or what changes you need to make to the settings in your player.
The City of Markham makes no representations about any of the programs mentioned herein and takes no responsibility for any consequences of your downloading and installing them on your computer. As always, be sure to read the "Read Me" file and the terms and conditions that come with any software when you download it.
For most users, these players will work right away once you've downloaded them.
Some Internet Service Providers (ISPs) do not allow media streaming or require you to alter the settings in your player or browser. If you're connecting through an ISP and having difficulty, contact your ISP's technical help department.