Property Tax & Water Budgets and Annual Reports
Members of Council and City staff aim to give Markham residents value for their tax dollars.
Click below to find out more about the 2020 Property Tax & Water Budget, previous budgets and the City's annual report
Understand Your City Budget & Stay Informed!
Members of Council and City staff aim to give Markham residents value for their tax dollars. Each year, the City passes a budget to determine how funds will be spent.
The budget supports city operations and over 40 services, including:
- Fire and emergency services
- Roads, bridges and sidewalks maintenance
- Parks and sports fields maintenance
- Waste and recycling collection
- Water and wastewater services
- Recreation and library services
- Maintenance of City facilities
- Infrastructure replacement
- City planning and development
- Arts and culture
- Bylaw enforcements and licensing
- Office support and administration