The Review had four main phases:
- Phase 1: August – October 2012. A consultant reviewed background data, and started the first public consultation process.
- Phase 2: October – December 2012. A consultant created draft options for revised ward boundaries. Then, the consultant put together an interim report for the General Committee.
- Phase 3: January 2013. The General Committee held a second public consultation on the draft in the interim report.
- Phase 4: February – March 2013. The Committee put together final options and their final report for General Committee and Council.
The City of Markham is published notice of its public meetings here:
- Economist & Sun and the Thornhill Liberal
- Posters and electronic bulletin boards (TVs) in the Civic Centre and City facilities such as community centres
- On the www.markham.ca website