Markham Environment Sustainability Fund
The Markham Environmental Sustainability Fund is a Markham program that has funded innovative and leading environmental initiatives that contribute to the health of the natural environment since 2004.
The fund provides financial resources for projects in Markham that promote environmental responsibility and enhance the protection of the Markham's natural resources.
The purpose of the fund is to provide demonstrable, widespread, and lasting environmental benefits to the Markham community. In the last six years, over 45 community projects have been completed!
Organizations eligible to apply for the fund include:
- other levels of government
- public agencies
- Markham community groups, such as Markham rate payers associations
- Local Organizations, such as Conservation groups, Scouts groups, etc.
- Other, such as NGOs, subject to conditions
- Schools (3 per funding cycle and must be a Zero Waste School)
For more information on the Zero Waste for Schools Program, contact our Community Outreach Assistant, at 905-477-7000 extension 3399 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Markham Environmental Sustainability Fund Requirements
Read the Guidelines and Application [PDF] for helpful information about the application process.
How Do I apply?
- Step 1: Carefully review the Environmental Sustainability Fund Guidelines to ensure your group is eligible.
- Step 2: Speak with Claudia Marsales, Senior Manager, Waste and Environmental Management about your proposed project and obtain an application form. Call 905-477-7000 extension 3560 or e-mail email@example.com.
- Step 3: Prepare your application and any supporting information, such as illustrations and maps and attach them to the application form. Sufficient and complete information must be provided with the application for the Environmental Issues Committee to make a decision.
- Step 4: Submit your application to the Senior Manager, Waste and Environmental Management, 101 Town Centre Boulevard, Markham, Ontario, L3R 9W3.