We want our volunteers to show creativity and resourcefulness. Markham is a vibrant and diverse city. We can use our skills, resources, and imagination of our residents, to solve any problem!
As a volunteer, you must:
- Show respect, dignity, and professionalism
- Be a positive role model
- Uphold our mission, values, and strategic priorities
- Uphold and implement all departmental policies and procedures
- Dress appropriately and follow your role’s specific dress code
- Help make a positive working environment
- Keep things confidential
- Respect the privacy of others
- Criticize other volunteers, City of Markham staff, participants, or services
- Use profane, insulting, or offensive language
- Volunteer under the influence of alcohol, drugs, or banned substances. Our facilities are smoke free.
- Give drugs, alcohol, or tobacco products to volunteers, participants, or guests