We offer library materials in many languages of the community. These include books, magazines, newspapers, music and online databases.
Lists of Multilingual Collections at MPL
The Multilingual Collections list provides information about multilingual collections for adults and children at each branch.
Multilingual Electronic Materials
- MPL Multilingual Online Databases – Browse through some of our multilingual electronic resources or databases. For a listing of which languages are covered, please click the following - Multilingual Electronic Resources [PDF].
- Custom Newspapers – Full-text articles from more than 1,000 newspapers from around the world. Articles can be translated in audio in various languages.
- Consumer Health Complete – Offers the latest medical research from fact sheets, pamphlets, encyclopedias & reference books.
- Library Press Display – Newspapers from around the world, with many in their resident language
- Qikan Chinese Emagazine – Access 1500 full text popular magazines published in mainland China. Users can choose to view in traditional or simple characters.
- Consumer Health Information – Chinese, Traditional External link opens in a new window. - 針對各種不同的疾病、症狀與治療過程提供簡單易懂，並且有實證的健康報告。
- Markham Public Library Catalogue – Search through tens of thousands of books, magazines, newspapers, CDs, DVDs and Blu-rays using title, author and general keyword searching, as well as basic and advanced browsing capabilities.