Placing a hold means to request an item for yourself after it has been returned by another user.
- You may place up to 75 holds on your library card and an additional 25 eBooks (from OverDrive).
- You will be notified when your hold is available for you to pick up.
- You have 6 days to pick up a hold.
- You will need to bring the library card that you used to place the hold.
How to Place a Hold
To place hold on an item you can:
- Request a hold at any library location
- Call your branch’s customer service desk
- Use the library’s online catalogue
Please cancel holds if you no longer need them.