The library will send you a message if:
- Your hold is ready to pick up
- You have items that are overdue
- You have outstanding service charges
You may choose to receive library messages by email or automated telephone message system.
If you prefer to receive messages by email please ask Library staff to update your account.
How do I change an email address to my account?
- Already have an online account? Check your email address by logging into “My MPL” and clicking Account Setting at the top, centre of the page.
- Need an online account? From MPL’s catalogue create an account by clicking on “log in” on the top right corner of the page. You will be asked for an email address as part of the process of creating an account.
- Or visit the library and ask staff to update your account.
An email address on your account does not mean that you will receive messages by email. Staff need to activate the email notification before you start receiving email messages.
- Markham Public Library is committed to confidentiality for all our customers. All personal information is collected under the authority of Ontario’s Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. MPL will not release your e-mail address or personal information to any outside source without a legal court order. You will not receive spam email as a result of having your email address in your account.
- MPL may use your email address for notification of library services that are not related to your account.
Can all the members of my family receive their notices at the same email address?
- Anyone with access to your e-mail account can see your notices. Email notices include your name and the titles you have available for pick up or items that are overdue.
- Each library account requires an email address in order for the account holder to receive emails.
Can I receive email notices and telephone calls or get messages sent to more than one email address?
- Only one email address can be entered into your account. You can change your email address any time.
- You may choose whether you want to receive messages by email or by telephone. The system does not allow you to receive both.
I'm not getting my email notices.
- If you believe that you are not receiving email addresses please check that your email address is valid and has been entered correctly.
- Your emails may be going to your spam or junk folder. Add the library as a contact to prevent messages from being marked as spam.
- Once you are sent an email notice, you are responsible for ensuring it is read and acted upon in a timely manner.
You have several options for receiving notices about your library account. One option is the TeleCirc automated circulation system. TeleCirc offers 24 hours a day, seven days a week access to your library account.
You can use TeleCirc to:
- Renew items you have out
- Hear items to pick-up
- Cancel items on hold
- Find out whether you owe late charges
TeleCirc will also call you when items are being held for you to pick up or when material is overdue.
Calling in to TeleCirc
To use the system, you will need your library card, a personal identification number (PIN), a touchtone phone, and the TeleCirc phone number, 905-474-5966. You can register for a library card and select a PIN at any Markham Public Library location.
- Dial 905-474-5966. Choose from the list of menu options:
- Press 2 for Account Options
- Press 1 to renew items.
- Press 2 to hear a list of items on hold, or to cancel items on hold.
- Press 3 to hear your account status.
- Press 4 to hear a list of loan items.
- Press 6 to customize your name. Record your name and all future notifications will use your recorded voice instead of the computerized voice.
- Press 5 for Renewals
- Press 6 for Holds
- Account access requires you to enter your full library barcode number shown on the back of your library card, followed by the pound (#) key.
- Enter your PIN when prompted, followed by the pound (#) key.
- Once you have chosen an option proceed by listening to the instructions given by TELECIRC and pressing the corresponding key on your phone.
- Press the pound key (#) at any time to repeat the list of options, or press the star key (*) at any time to exit from TeleCirc.
When TeleCirc Calls
The TeleCirc automated circulation system will call when items you have put on hold are available. With TeleCirc, you avoid the wait for mailed notices and hear about holds sooner. TeleCirc also will call to remind you when you have overdue items.
To hear titles on hold
If TeleCirc calls and notifies you that an item(s) is on hold you may call TeleCirc with your library card number and PIN to hear a computerized voice read the title of your hold (905-474-5966), or you may call any MPL location with your card number to learn the exact title of the item.
If an item is overdue
If TeleCirc calls and notifies you about an item(s) that is overdue, you may try to renew it. Call TeleCirc (905-474-5966) and follow the prompts to renew by title or by barcode number. TeleCirc will read the individual titles and due dates using a computer synthesized voice. You may also call any Markham Public Library location with your library card number to renew materials over the phone.
If TeleCirc cannot renew a title for any reason, such as:
- Item is not renewable (e.g. Boomerang books)
- Item has reached its maximum number of renewals
- Item is on hold for another person
- Item is overdue, you must pay fines before you can renew it.
The system will tell you. If the renewal is successful, TeleCirc will read the new due date.
What if no one is home?
If TeleCirc calls when no one is home, it will leave a general message on an answering machine or voicemail, asking you to call the library. If another member of the household answers when TeleCirc calls, it will ask that he or she have you call the Library. TeleCirc will not give the titles of your library materials to anyone who cannot supply your library card number and personal identification number (PIN) to preserve the confidentiality of your library account.
When message is unclear
TeleCirc sometimes repeats the message to make sure you get all the information. Machines or voicemail with long messages may cause TeleCirc to begin mid-message. If you need to check information on your account, or if you need to hear details of a message again, call TeleCirc at 905-474-5966 with your library card number and PIN. TeleCirc uses synthesized speech, so please excuse any mispronunciations! TeleCirc is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Thank you for using TeleCirc. If you receive your hold and overdue notices through TeleCirc, you are helping the Markham Public Library save money on paper notices and postage costs, and are also saving trees.