Computers and Internet
All branches have computers that provide access to the Internet, MPL's online resources and popular software.
Using the computers
- You need a library card or temporary guest card to use the computer.
- Users of MPL's computer stations must agree to MPL's Internet Use Policy before connecting to the Internet.
- Free WI-FI is also available at all branches.
- All computers have the ability to save work to USB keys.
How to Reserve a Computer
You can reserve a computer for two 60 minutes sessions per day. These sessions can be extended if the computer is not booked by another customer.
Children and the Internet
We want children to have a safe online experience. Therefore, computers in children's areas have filtered Internet access. As with other Library services, children's access to and use of the Internet is the responsibility of the parent or guardian.
We also provide a dedicated Kids eReading Room with access to our children’s collection of eBooks and eAudiobooks. Children are encouraged to do their research through our child-friendly online databases.
MPL computer sessions are private using a MPL card or a guest log-in. All information related to your session is deleted when the session ends.
Photocopying and Printing
Printing is available at all branches:
|Black & white printing
||$0.15 per page, letter or legal
|Black & white printing double-sided
||$0.25 per page, letter or legal
||$0.50 per page, letter or legal
|Colour printing double-sided
||$0.90 per page, letter or legal
Computers are equipped with the following:
- Web browsers: Internet Explorer and Google Chrome
- Open Office software: OpenOffice Writer, OpenOffice Base, OpenOffice Calc, OpenOffice Draw, and OpenOffice Impress
- Media software and plugins: Adobe Reader, Adobe Flash Player, Adobe Shockwave Player, Real Player, Quicktime Player
- Microsoft applications: NotePad, WordPad, Calculator, Onscreen Keyboard, Magnifier and Paint
Computer Labs at Aaniin, Angus Glen, Cornell, Markham Village and Thornhill Community Centre branches are equipped with Microsoft Office 2007 Professional including Word, Access, Excel, Publisher, PowerPoint and InfoPath.