One of Markham's Must-See Attractions
Markham is a city with bold personality and a vibrant mix of attractions that reflect our multicultural identity. Whether you’re a cultural enthusiast or just getting started, Markham’s public art collection has something for everyone to enjoy.
Get your walking shoes on and go ‘culture hopping’ throughout Markham to explore our stunning public art collection. From paintings to sculptures and more, these unique and original works of art beautify our public spaces and bring art outside for people to enjoy at their leisure.
Public Art found in a neighbourhood near you:
- Cloudflower by Douglas Walker
- Gambrel Journey by kipjones
- Henderson Bridge Mural (2013) by Katherine Harvey, Andrea End, Robin Hesse, Matthew Moloney, Glen Ou and Susan Weisz
- Pan Am Public Art Project by Shane Cloud, Laurence Roberts and eight Unionville High School students
- Quarry by Mary Anne Barkhouse
- Shifting Landscapes - Henderson Bridge Mural (2015) by James Ruddle, with assistance by students and alumni at Markham high schools
- Monument to William Berczy (2016) by Marlene Hilton Moore
- Monument to Benjamin Thorne (2017) by Les Drysdale
Public Art Master Plan Workshop Highlights (2019)
Making our Mark: Markham's Public Art Master Plan Coming Soon
Let's Talk Public Art!