A plumbing permit is a required for any plumbing work located within a building or on private property. When the work is part of a larger project, a separate plumbing permit is not required.
Examples of plumbing permits include: site servicing, pre-servicing connection, fixture installation with no other construction, backflow preventer installation.
- Approval Documents required by Applicable Law
- Cross-connection survey (for backflow preventer installations)
- Draft plan of Subdivision (for pre-servicing connections)
- Floor Plan with fixture locations (for fixture installations in existing single-detached dwelling, semi-detached dwelling or non-stacked townhouse units)
- Plumbing Plans (for fixture installations in multi-residential or non-residential buildings )
- Plumbing drawings (fixtures, water, drains, venting)
- Plumbing riser diagrams
- Site Servicing / Grading (for site servicing applications)
- Municipally approved site grading plan
- Municipally approved site servicing plan
- On-site Sewage System (for properties served by private systems)
- System drawings & details
- Statement of Design