This applies to the installation of required fencing around in-ground and above-ground pools installed on residential properties. the permit must be obtained prior to the construction of the pool.
Detailed criteria for the design of the pool enclosure are outlined in Markham's Swimming Pool By-law.
- Site plan prepared using a current survey
- Location of property lines, existing buildings and proposed pool
- Details of the proposed fence (height, type of material, location)
- Gate location and details (must be self-closing and self-latching)
- Location of septic system (for properties with a private on-site sewage system)