Markham’s Starter Company Plus program seeks to help entrepreneurs start, expand or grow a small business in Markham by providing training, education and advisory services and an opportunity to be selected for grant funding of up to $5,000.00 including access to mentorship from local business leaders.
If you are:
- A for-profit business located in the municipal boundaries of Markham
- Not employed full time elsewhere
- Not in a full-time education program and/or not planning to return to school full-time in the next 3 years
- Not currently receiving funding from another Provincial entrepreneurship or business program
- Not a previous recipient of the Starter Company (Plus) grant nor Small Business Recovery and Digital Resilience Program grant
- Not a commission-based business nor franchise business
- A Canadian citizen or permanent resident living in Ontario.
And are willing to:
- Create and follow a business plan/growth plan/pivot plan and a 2-year financial forecast/budget
- Agree to participate in training and monthly mentoring meetings over a 3-month period
- Agree to provide business reports to the Markham Small Business Centre for verification over a 3-month period.
The program is delivered in two phases:
- Open to all applicants: Training, Education and assistance with preparation of an updated Business Plan/growth plan/pivot plan and Budget
- For selected applicants chosen to proceed to Phase 2: Receive grant funding and begin 3-month mentoring period
Application intake is now open, please use the link below to fill out the application form and submit your Business Plan/Business Canvas, and Financial Projections before February 12, 2023. You can find the templates here.
Companies we've helped