Residential Infill Grading and Servicing (RIGS) Application Process
A copy of the Residential Infill Grading and Servicing (RIGS) Application Package [PDF] and the Lot Grading Undertaking Release Request Form [PDF] can be downloaded online or obtained at the Development Services Counter at 101 Civic Centre Boulevard.
Confirm whether the RIGS Application is applicable to your project.
If your project falls under any one of the conditions below, a RIGS Application is not applicable:
- The project has an active Severance Application under review and/or the severance process has not been completed (i.e. no municipal address assigned to the property)
- The project has an active Minor Variance Application under review and a decision has not be finalized
- The project is on a Heritage Property
- The project is within the Site Plan Control Area
- The project is for a non-residential lot (institutional/commercial/industrial), or a non-single family lot (i.e. townhouse, semi-detached, condo, etc.). Exceptions may apply to some situations for townhouses and semi-detached dwellings. Please check with the Engineering Department.
Please see below and the RIGS Application Package for submission requirements and review process.
Online (electronic) Application
The City of Markham will be launching electronic plan review for RIGS applications through ePlan in 2020. Please come back to visit our website for updates.
Prior to making an ePlan submission, the applicant must have a registered account in ePlan. In preparation for the upcoming launch, applicants may now register a new account on the City’s website. Once ePlan for RIGS Aplications is in effect, applicants with a registered account is ready for ePlan submission.
Construction and Inspections managed by the Engineering Department
House construction is inspected and managed by the Building Standards Department. Lot Grading is inspected and managed by the Engineering Department.
Service connection works are carried out by City contractors, inspected by the Engineering Department. Homeowners are responsible for the installation of private service connections from the house to the streetline.