Heritage Section staff of Markham’s Development Services Commission coordinates and implements the City's heritage conservation program.
- processes all development applications in the heritage districts;
- manages Markham Heritage Estates;
- administers financial assistance programs;
- provides technical advice to the Heritage Markham committee;
- assists local property owners in understanding heritage policies and procedures;
- provides information and advice on restoration techniques, skilled trades [PDF] and appropriate designs for new construction.
- Contact us if you need assistance or clarification on any aspect of Markham’s heritage program.
Mr. Regan Hutcheson
Manager of Heritage Planning
905-477-7000, extension 2080
Mr. Peter Wokral
905-477-7000, extension 7955