We recommend that clients request a Zoning Search Request which is an online service, in order to obtain the uses or setbacks for the property. A charge of $50.00 will be applied effective January 1, 2020.
Here is the Development Services 2020 Application Review Fee, By-Law 2019-137, as amended.
All applications listed below are available for ePLAN digital submission:
- Application of Consent to Sever Property (PDF) | Hearing Dates ePLAN
- Single Dwelling or Heritage Site Plan Control (PDF) ePLAN
- Official Plan Amendment (PDF) ePLAN
- Plan of Subdivision (PDF) ePLAN
- Site Plan Approval Application (PDF) | ePLAN
- Zoning Amendment Application (PDF) ePLAN
Review the Calculating Development Charges documents for your development & area.
PLEASE NOTE: The City of Markham's office building is closed to the public due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Contact your project planner (via email) on how to submit the following:
All application submissions (hardcopy) that require the Toronto Region Conservation Authority (TRCA) review must provide a separate package for the agency's pre-consultation submission requirements. Which will include a covering letter that lists the reports and documents contained within the package. If these package are not complete, the City cannot accept the application.
Review the York Region and the City's 'The Clean Water Act Water Protection' policies and protection (policies and maps included).
The following applications can be submitted without a formal pre-consultation meeting, however, applicants are welcome to discuss their plans before submitting an application.
- Application for Minor Variance for Permission (PDF) | Hearing Dates Now accepting applications via ePLAN
- Condominium Application (PDF) | Now accepting applications via ePLAN
- Exemption from Part Lot Control and Deeming By-Law Application (PDF)
- Heritage Permit Application (PDF)*
- Policy for Establishing Telecommunication Tower/Antenna Facilities (PDF) (including checklist)*
- Subdivision Agreement Application (PDF)
- Townhouse Siting Approval Application (PDF) | Now accepting applications via ePLAN
* Submit Heritage Permit & Telecommunication Tower application submision/applications via to the DSC email address.
For further assistance and effective correspondence; contact the Development Client Services at email@example.com for further assistance Monday to Friday - 8 AM to 5 PM. If you have no email address, you can request additional information by calling 905.475.4861.